Joseph Meservy focuses his practice on civil litigation, emphasizing the defense of insurers, insureds and self-insured entities in complex litigation and appeals. During law school, Joseph competed in moot court competitions and externed for two federal courts, including the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada. He also served on the editorial board of a law review and earned a spot on the Moot Court Honors Council. As a third-generation Nevadan, he finds particular satisfaction in serving the needs of local businesses and individuals. Joseph has a 10.0 AVVO rating.
- Brigham Young University, BA, 2011
- Gonzaga University School of Law, JD, 2015
Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Nevada, 2016
- United States District Court, District of Nevada, 2016
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2019
- American Bar Association
- American Inns of Court
- Howard D. McKibben Chapter, Barrister (2021-present)
- Clark County Bar Association
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Gonzaga University Chapter, President (2014-15)
- Las Vegas Defense Lawyers
- Board of Directors (2021-present)
- State Bar of Nevada
- Trial Academy, Co-Chair (2016-21)
- Young Lawyers Section, Chair (2021-present)
- Vegas Young Professionals
Publications / Presentations
- Author, "A Fresh Look at Procedural Limitations to Diversity Jurisdiction Removal," Nevada Lawyer, Vol. 28, No. 5, May 2020.
- Co-speaker, "Appeals," American Inns of Court, Howard D. McKibben Chapter, May 14, 2019.
- Co-author, "Trial Academy: Q&A," Nevada Lawyer, Vol. 27, No. 3, Mar. 2019.
- Kosor v. Olympia Companies, LLC, 136 Nev. Adv. Op. 83, 478 P.3d 390 (2020).