Joseph Meservy focuses his practice on civil litigation, emphasizing the defense of insurers, insureds and self-insured entities in complex litigation and appeals. He has successfully litigated cases before local state and federal district courts, the Nevada Court of Appeals, and the Nevada Supreme Court. During law school, Joseph competed in moot court competitions and completed judicial externships for two federal courts, including the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada. He also served on the editorial board of a law review and earned a spot on the Moot Court Honors Council. As a third-generation Nevadan, he finds particular satisfaction in serving the needs of local businesses and individuals.
- Brigham Young University, B.A., 2011
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., 2015
Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Nevada, 2016
- United States District Court, District of Nevada, 2016
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2019
- American Bar Association
- American Inns of Court
- Howard D. McKibben Chapter, Barrister
- Clark County Bar Association
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Gonzaga University Chapter, Chairperson, 2014-15
- Las Vegas Defense Lawyers
- Board of Directors, Board Member, 2021-present
- State Bar of Nevada
- Young Lawyers Section, Chairperson, 2021-22
- Trial Academy, Co-Chairperson, 2016-21
- Vegas Young Professionals
- Kosor v. Olympia Companies, LLC, 136 Nev. 705, 478 P.3d 390 (2020).
Publications / Presentations
- Author, "A Fresh Look at Procedural Limitations to Diversity Jurisdiction Removal," Nevada Lawyer, Vol. 28, No. 5, May 2020.
- Co-speaker, "Appeals," American Inns of Court, Howard D. McKibben Chapter, May 14, 2019.
- Co-author, "Trial Academy: Q&A," Nevada Lawyer, Vol. 27, No. 3, Mar. 2019.
- Author, "Tithes, Charitable Contributions in Chapter 13," Eastern Washington Bankruptcy Notes, Vol. 26, No. 1, May 2015.