Joseph Meservy focuses his practice on civil litigation. During law school, Joseph competed in moot court competitions and externed for two federal courts, including the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada. He also served on the editorial board for the Gonzaga Journal of International Law and earned a spot on the Moot Court Honors Council. Since joining Barron & Pruitt, Joseph has gained substantial experience in a practice emphasizing the defense of insurers, insureds and self-insured entities in complex litigation and appeals. Joseph also serves as co-chair of the Trial Academy for the State Bar of Nevada. As a third-generation Nevadan, he finds particular satisfaction in serving the needs of local businesses and individuals.
- Brigham Young University, BA 2011
- Gonzaga University School of Law, JD 2015
Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Nevada, 2016
- United States District Court, District of Nevada, 2016
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2019
- American Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division, Assembly Delegate (2019)
- Clark County Bar Association
- Howard D. McKibben American Inn of Court
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Gonzaga University Chapter, President (2014-2015)
- Las Vegas Defense Lawyers
- State Bar of Nevada
- Young Lawyers Section, Trial Academy Chair (2016-present); Secretary (2020-2021)
Publications / Presentations
- Author, "A Fresh Look at Procedural Limitations to Diversity Jurisdiction Removal," Nevada Lawyer (anticipated May 2020).
- Co-speaker, "Appeals," Howard D. McKibben American Inn of Court (May 14, 2019).
- Co-author, "Trial Academy: Q&A," Nevada Lawyer, Vol. 27, No. 3 (Mar. 2019).