Dave Barron began working with insurers and their insureds while still in law school. In forty years of practice, Mr. Barron has taken upwards of a hundred cases to trial in Nevada's state and federal courts—almost all of them for the defense—ranging from insurance coverage and bad faith to wrongful death and catastrophic bodily injury claims arising from auto and trucking accidents; product defects; premises liability (including security related lawsuits); and professional liability. Mr. Barron has also taught as an instructor for the State Bar of Nevada's Trial Academy.
- University of Utah, B.S., magna cum laude, 1977
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D., 1980
Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Nevada, 1981
- State Bar of California, 1981
- United States District Court, District of Nevada, 1981
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 1982
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1990
- United States Supreme Court, 1995
- American Bar Association
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California & Nevada, Board of Directors, 1999-2001
- Defense Research Institute
- Truckload Carriers' Association
Publications / Presentations
- Insurance Litigation in Nevada, National Business Institute (1992)
- District Judge, pro tempore, Eighth Judicial District Court, Clark County Nevada (Short Trial Program)
Republic Silver State Disposal, Inc. v. Cash, 136 Nev. Adv. Op. 88, 478 P.3d 362 (2020).
- Webster v. Dep't of Veterans Affairs, 551 Fed. Appx. 361 (9th Cir. 2014).
- Timber Tech Engineered Bldg. Products v. The Home Ins. Co., 118 Nev. 630, 55 P.3d 952 (2002).